Making a booking
- Bookings can be placed on any sheets on the left of this screen, which are coloured black, rather than grey
- Only two live bookings for peak time slots can be held by one person within 21 days - the system will stop more being placed. There is no limit put on slots outside these times, although a member cannot book two courts for the same time slot
- Members may only make bookings consistent with their membership category type - eg an off peak member cannot book a slot for a Saturday, or a junior can only book courts 3, 6 and 7
- After clicking "yes", choose your opponents and partners.
- Peak times are any time at the week-end and after18:30 during the week.
- You will be emailed immediately by the system to confirm the booking, consider forwarding this on to the other players involved
- If you use an email client on your computer like Outlook or Outlook Express, clicking on email addresses in "My Bookings" creates a new email to the addressee and the court booking details in the subject field. Avoid using it if you use web-mail such as Hotmail or Google Mail.
Cancelling a booking
- A booking may only be cancelled by the person who made the booking - the system enforces this
- A booking may be cancelled at any time before the start of the booking time
- Cancellations made less than 48 hours before the starting time will be registered as a late cancellations on the system
- A person who persistently cancels late could have their right to make bookings removed.
- The person booking the court must "check in" at the clubhouse touchscreen using their pin number:
- not more than 105 minutes before the start time of the booking, and
- not more than 15 minutes after the start time
- Failure to do so will register as a "no show" against the person who made the booking
- A person who persistently "no shows" could have their right to make bookings removed.
- As the pin number is system generated and not your choice. Keep a record of your pin number with your tennis kit, as forgetting it will stop you checking in
- In the event of bad weather please cancel the court from home before the booking starts
- The 105 minute rule enables you to check-in once, before you start, for two consecutive slots, which saves you rushing back to the club-house half way through the match.
Completing "my settings" and "my profile" and "cancelled court alerts"
These facilities enable you:
- to change your personal details including your password
- to present to other members as many or as few contact details as you wish
- to set your preferences regarding how you are notified of your bookings, cancellations etc
- to elect to be notified of court slot times (say Saturday morning slots) which become available due to cancellation.
- Ensure your email address is correct as most of the communications to you from the system rely upon that email address being correct
- You might find it helpful to others to upload one or more pictures of yourself. Join Roger Federer and several other luminaries at http://oldcollege.mycourts.co.uk/directory.asp (access to this page is restricted to logged in members)
Finding other members" contact details
- Simply click on the Members" Directory at the top of the page
- Follow the instructions.
- Guests must play with a member
- Members are also reminded that their guests must sign the visitors' book to be found by the phone in the clubhouse
- There is a guest fee of £4 per session for a guest who can play no more than five times each year.
- Floodlight meters provide lighting at the rate of £5 per 1h15mins
- Tokens can be purchased from coaches and the Tennis Manager.